Once more “assisted suicide is in the news. A new health minister criticises law on assisted suicide as ‘ridiculous’ and calls for Britain to be ‘more honest’ about issue. Predictably there have been criticisms of her views, yet none of those criticisms attempt to address the views of the most important people involved – the ones who want to die. The ideology and/or religion of the critics can’t let them study the evidence, and especially not the views of the central person.
According to the New Testament, and Christian doctrine, about 2000 years ago Jesus Christ knew he had to die to save mankind. Rather than commit suicide directly, he used others to to help him die as he knew he needed to. In effect, he chose the equivalent of “suicide by cop”.
If assisted suicide was good enough for Jesus Christ, why not for the rest of us?
- Did Jesus Commit Suicide?
- Did Jesus Christ Commit Suicide?
- Why Did Jesus Die?
- Why did Jesus have to die?
- Did Jesus know he would die by crucifixion in advance?
- Did Jesus know as a child that He would die one day on the cross?
- Did Jesus know he was going to die on a cross?
- Why Did Jesus Have to Die?