If you are primarily interested in atheism, religions, & gods, you can sub-set my posts using the “Atheism & enlightenment” category, or use this permanent link:
Muhammad was an unenlightened delusional warmonger with a medieval attitude towards women. Islam treats him as an exemplar to be emulated, based on the Koran (or Qur’an), his (supposed) “recital”, and the Hadith, his (supposed) sayings and behaviour. This worldview, identified by the Koran and Hadith, is incompatible with Universal Human Rights and incompatible with the 21st Century. Yet criticism and reform are resisted with threats, and often with violence and death.
Islam competes with the Roman Catholic Church as the world’s most objectionable religious influence. (If I were given the choice of eliminating the influence of Islam or eliminating the influence of the Roman Catholic Church, whichever I chose I would feel guilty afterward for not choosing the other).
Some of my blogs about Islam:
- My website articles about Islam
- Should modern Muslims re-brand Islam?
- Is “Islamophobia” a rational concept? Is it “the new racism”?
- In praise of cartoons about Islam
- 3 years of UK news items of bad behaviour resulting from Islam
- When is it right and when is it wrong to burn the Koran?
- Policies that are “pro Muslim women” are not “anti-Muslim”!
- Islam is incompatible with Universal Human Rights & the 21st Century
- Islam is dragging some Muslims back towards the 7th Century
There is probably no useful statement about Christianity that would be agreed by all people who regard themselves as Christians. People who regard themselves as Christians certainly disagree about which of them are Christians! Christianity is perhaps best thought of as a “brand”, or a sort of loose franchise built around a brand.
“I would say that if you don’t believe that Jesus of Nazareth was the Christ and Messiah, and that he rose again from the dead and by his sacrifice our sins are forgiven, you’re really not in any meaningful sense a Christian.”
Some of my blogs about Christianity:
- My website articles about Christianity
- Christianity is NOT under attack in the UK!
- Suicide by crucifixion – the assisted suicide of Jesus Christ
- This has been a good week for Christianity-watchers!
- Jesus versus Mohammad
Some of my blogs about religions and gods and atheism:
- Religions are hobbies
- Religions are incompetent at morality
- Holy books need expiry dates
- When people make their god obscure, simplify things
I also have about 30 pages about religions and gods and atheism on my website. I began publishing them as a result of Richard Dawkins’ OUT Campaign. Here are two subsets:
“Using the bible to prove the existence of god is like using The Lord Of The Rings to prove the existence of Hobbits”